What will happen at my first visit?
- Please bring the following information/items:
- Your referral slip and x-rays from your referring dentist (if provided by your dentist)
- A list of your current medications
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment
- Please Note: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.
- Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, medical conditions requiring pre-medication, history of severe diabetes or congestive heart failure, or if you are taking blood thinners or medications that alter bone metabolism for osteoporosis.)
- We will complete an in depth medical and dental health history and a thorough examination to measure for bone loss, loose teeth, bite, conduct and oral cancer screening, evaluate the TMJ, and look for other signs of periodontal disease.